Every year we carry an article in our January Newsletter about predictions for the previous year by an "expert" online psychic, Craig Hamilton-Parker (from www.psychics.co.uk). Mr Hamilton-Parker charges £1.50 per minute for his services via telephone consultations. We have also included Mr Hamilton-Parker's 2017 predictions below to see how he does when we revisit in 2018. In 2014 Mr Hamilton-Parker scored 1 out of 16 but managed to get 5 out of 16 in 2015.
1. Massive earthquake in Himalayas causes dam to burst (wrong).
2. Japanese island sinks beneath the sea (wrong).
3. Unprecedented rainfall disrupts some of the Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (wrong, although there was a bright green swimming pool).
4. A comet/asteroid is missed by most astronomical observatories and comes close to Earth (wrong).
5. EU referendum brought forward and leaves EU (presumably this relates to the UK) - wrong and right!
6. Large fire in historic Dutch building sees many masterpieces destroyed (wrong).
7. Extensive flooding in UK during winter with tidal surge causing extensive damage in Southern England. Dates to watch 11th and 29th November and February 23rd. (Wrong - no major floods in 2016).
8. New refugee wave from Ukraine and Georgia as Russia tightens its grip on dissidents (wrong refugees).
9. Rise of right-wing politics in Spain, France and Italy sees rioting on streets and mosques burnt (wrong).
10. Turkey will invade Kurdish areas of Syria (partly correct).
11. Massive increase in use of drones in Syria quell ISIS. Britain puts some troops on the ground (wrong).
12. New form of nanotechnology used to track terrorists (wrong).
13. Commonly used food additive is conclusively proven as a cause of cancer (wrong).
14. Prince Phillip is taken seriously ill and has major life and death operation (wrong).
15. There is an attempted behind-the-scenes coup in China as Chinese currency collapses (wrong).
16. An alleged naked picture of Kim Jong-un causes a political row (wrong).
17. Donald Trump’s bid for the White House is thwarted by illness. The last battle is neck and neck between Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton. The republicans win after a sudden last minute change of republican candidate (wrong).
18. British Labour Party splits in two with one section joining the Liberals. British Labour Party make big gains in Scotland (wrong).
19. India’s economy surges forward. New deals made between UK and India (sort of right)
1. Hillary Clinton will resign from politics because of the release of documents that reveal financial corruption and falsification of government documents.
2. Denmark and Italy pull out of EU as Euro crashes. 2017 sees Italy in serious economic problems.
3. Economic chaos in Europe (and America) with riots in many European capital and big cities (Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Paris and Prague) In these places many people are suffering serious poverty and food shortages due to the failure of the EU.
4. Famous building in flames as right-wing riots in Germany spark memories of the burning of the Reichstag.
5. Britain escapes the worst of the international economic troubles and is seen as a safe economic haven. Britain, India and Australia form an economic alliance.
6. America becomes politically divided between East and West. Riots and gun fights in America over election results and turmoil throughout 2017. Friendly, neutral troops from Canada are called in to quell unrest.
7. USA experiences a serious drought during the summer of 2017 while Europe has floods.
8. Large fire at the UK Houses of Parliament
9. New War spills into Afghanistan as revolution erupts in Uzbekistan
10. Ancient Giant Squid makes the news – found frozen in ice.
11. Volcanic eruption in Iceland causes toxic gas cloud over Norway
12. Conflicts between China and USA as satellite computers are hacked.
13. Japan initiates an arms race in the Far East after provocation from China and North Korea.
14. Kim Jong-un will be fall from power later in the year – maybe December 2017 or January 2018
15. Serious threat of escalating conflict between China and India over northern border of Kashmir.
16. Sample of Shakespeare’s bones exhumed and show that he was poisoned. Clues to a new play found in his grave.
17. August 21, 2017 eclipse over America coincides with huge stock market fall and long-term inflation.
18. Assassination and kidnap attempt on the pope at the Vatican. Swiss guards killed.
Jonathan Fagan is Managing Director of Ten-Percent Legal Recruitment and a non-practising Solicitor. Ten-Percent Legal Recruitment provides online Legal Recruitment for Solicitors, Legal Executives, Fee Earners, Support Staff, Managers and Paralegals. Visit our Website to search our Vacancy Database.