Our 10% Donations for February 2015The trustees of the Ten-Percent Foundation (a charitable trust) have met and decided on the following donations for Spring 2015:
- Knowsley Domestic Violence Service - £1,000.
- Centre 63, Merseyside - £300.
- Unicef - £100.
- Chester Zoo - £60.
- LawCare - £1,000.
- Y Care International - £300.
- British Stammering Association - £500.
- Ace of Clubs - £500 (suggested by Hanne & Co)
- Standalone - £200.
- Hughes Syndrome Foundation - £100
- Time Out Group - £200. (suggested by Chafes)
- St Johns Seminary, Tanzania (providing the funding for 5 students to attend school) - £2,200.
We will get details of how the money has been used by each charity and send out details in the next newsletter. Some of the above charities have been suggested by candidates and clients. Others are linked to our trustees' own interests.
As a matter of policy we will not donate to charities where the Chief Executive is paid more than £75,000. We believe that any charities able to afford salary levels higher than this are clearly not in need of charitable donations. Let us know your views on this policy..
Jonathan Fagan is Managing Director of Ten-Percent Legal Recruitment and a non-practising Solicitor. Ten-Percent Legal Recruitment provides online Legal Recruitment for Solicitors, Legal Executives, Fee Earners, Support Staff, Managers and Paralegals. Visit our Website to search our Vacancy Database. Our Legal Careers Shop has eBooks on CV Writing for Lawyers, Legal Job Interview Guide, Interview Answers for Lawyers, NQ Career Guide, Guide to Finding Work Experience or a Training Contract and the Entrants Guide to the Legal Profession.