Every year we get called by NQ solicitors with the following questions:
1. When should I register?
2. How much should I be paid?
3. What does NQ or PQE mean?
4. I am not sure if my current firm will be keeping me on - what should I do?
Our answers depend on individual circumstances, but in a nutshell:
1. As early as you can. Unless specialist. register with a number of job boards and agencies. Very important to get wide coverage of all options. Give no-one consent to send out your CV without your permission.
2. Depends on circumstances. Visit our website for salary reviews or email to ask us.
3. Newly Qualified and Post Qualification Experience.
4. Look around as much as possible and use any job offers to lever an offer out of your existing firm if you want to stay.
Visit our website at https://www.ten-percent.co.uk/newly-qualified-solicitors/ for further advice.
Ten-Percent Legal Recruitment - Online Legal Recruitment for Solicitors, Legal Executives, Fee Earners, Support Staff, Managers and Paralegals. Visit our Website to search our Vacancy Database.